AppShield is based on proven technology from CoreTrace Corporation, which creates a whitelist. That’s mean not as other security applications that use the blackist to block any suspicios applications.
The whitelist includes all approved applications that user will allow to run on his computer. the program automatically blocks all unauthorized applications – including viruses or any malicious program that can be downloaded by email website or other source.
AppShield complements your current antivirus software, acting as a user-controlled final layer of defense to immediately stop viruses that get past your antivirus software. appShield gives you the cost-effective control needed to defeat even the newest, most sophisticated viruses so that you can spend more time using your computer and less time worrying about scanning or repairing it.
appShield provides the following features and benefits:
- Immediately blocks unauthorized programs from running, including the most sophisticated viruses and zero-day threats
- Offers always-on protection against the latest malware and viruses that haven’t yet been identified by even the most up-to-date antivirus software
- Operates inside the OS kernel to protect against malicious software processes
- Presents a simple and easy to understand user interface that allows flexible authorization or blocking of applications
- Provides visibility into all programs attempting to run on the computer
- Consumes minimal computer resources, unlike traditional antivirus software
appShield is currently under development and is expected to launch during the summer of 2011. But the security method is very interesting and may help to mitigate the risk of malwares.
make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!