If you are using Adobe product than there is new update that are going to fix two vulnerabilities can be used by attacker to control windows based system remotely.
According to Symantec this bug has been exploited since the first of December by sending malicious PDF to infect users and steal sensitive information from unpatched victim computer. Acrobat reader is widely used to open document and have been targeted by hackers as it help to execute malicious instruction remotely.
Reported incident by Symantec is an email with infected attachment that contain Backdoor.Sykipot which is not a fresh malware but have been used in targeted attacks since January, 2010.
So make sure to do the following:
- Review the security updates available for Adobe Reader and Acrobat 9.x.
- Update all your system products and application.
- Never open email attachment from non-trusted sources.
- Update your antimalware definition.
(1) Email screenshot by Symantec : http://www.symantec.com/connect/blogs/adobe-reader-zero-day-being-exploited-wild