Scunia security software company have just released a new version for thier free Personal Security Inspector (PSI). The new Secunia PSI now offers **automated patching** of software which will reduce the chore of individuals keeping software programs secure and up to date.
The new version of this free software offers extended automatic patching using the Secunia Package System (SPS), thereby removing the dependency on vendors providing silent installers. Also, PSI features a dramatically simplified user interface as well.
Summary of Features
- Extended automatic patching using the Secunia Package System (SPS), removing the dependency on vendors providing silent installers
- New and dramatically simplified user interface
- Non-intrusive authenticated vulnerability and patch scanning
- Auto-update of programs
- Covers programs and plug-ins from thousands of vendors
- Unprecedented accuracy
- Reports security status for each.
In addition to being an excellent free tool to help individuals keep their computers safe from threats and risks, the new PSI is key to the company’s planned aggressive growth to capture significantly more PSI users, attract significantly more US corporate customers, support the mobile worker, and strengthen its research.
you can download the new version at this link :http://secunia.com/psi_30_beta_launch/
Source : http://secunia.com/blog/305/