Wireless network are available for any user so when you travel you will have wifi in the airports, hotels or coffeshops. Some of them are secured and using encryption others with weak encryption and the remaining wifi are open for any person and it is not good to use such open wifi network.
If you wanted to test the security of wireless network it will be possible to use Wifite. Wifite can be used for wardriving and auditing wireless network. You can find it on Backtrack 5, BackBox, Pentoo or Kali. You need to have aircrack-ng installed and a wireless driver patched for monitoring mode and injection.
Some of the features are:
- Attacking several wireless network
- Cracks closest access points first
- Automatically de-authenticates clients of hidden networks to reveal SSIDs
- Filters to specify the desired target for example WEP,WPA or both
- Randomizing MAC during the attack to hide real MAC address.
- Storing captured WPA handshakes in directory.
- all passwords saved to cracked.txt
- Integration with reaver for attacking WPS-encrypted networks
You can download WiFite on the following link: https://github.com/derv82/wifite/