Gpg4win Encrypts Files and E-mails
Gpg4win an open-source software that enable user to encrypt files and emails, The free package includes a number of cryptography tools developed for the German Federal Office for Information Security (BSI) for encrypting and signing email and files. it includes several component:
- GnuPG The core; this is the actual encryption tool.
- Kleopatra A certificate manager for OpenPGP and X.509 (S/MIME) and common crypto dialogs.
- GPA An alternative certificate manager for OpenPGP and X.509 (S/MIME).
- GpgOL A plugin for Microsoft Outlook 2003 and 2007 (email encryption).
- GpgEX A plugin for Microsoft Explorer 32bit (file encryption).
- Claws Mail A complete email application with crypto support.
- Gpg4win Compendium The documentation (for beginner and advanced users), available in English and German.
Using the GnuPG (GNU Privacy Guard) encryption program, anyone can encrypt e-mails securely, easily and at no cost. GnuPG can be used privately or commercially without any restrictions. The encryption technology used by GnuPG is secure, and cannot be broken based on today’s state of technology and research.
Kleopatra is a very interesting component that will help you manage all your certificates (OpenPGP and S/MIME) in one tool. You can export certificates from and to (OpenPGP and X.509) certificate servers or certify (sign) a public OpenPGP certificate of a trusted person.
Installation takes just few steps and you will find it integrated in your email software in a very simple and secure manner.