Secunia launches the next generation of Complete Patch Management
Copenhagen, September 4, 2013 –Secunia, a leading provider of IT security solutions that enable businesses and private individuals to manage and control vulnerability threats, today announced the release of the new version of the company’s flagship solution: the Secunia Corporate Software Inspector, version 7.0 which introduces new features and improvements for vulnerability and patch management to organizations worldwide.
Cybercrime costs organizations millions of dollars(1) and to protect business from the consequences of security breaches, vulnerability intelligence and patch management are basic necessities in the toolbox of any IT team, as emphasized by organizations like the SANS Institute(2) and the National Institute of Standards and Technology under the US Department of Commerce (NIST)(2).
The Secunia CSI 7.0 is the Total Package: Vulnerability Intelligence, Vulnerability Scanning with Patch Creation and Patch Deployment Integration
To help IT teams counter the threat, vulnerability research company Secunia merges the in-house vulnerability expertise with a sophisticated patch management solution into the Secunia Corporate Software Inspector (CSI 7.0). The foundation of the Secunia CSI is a unique combination of vulnerability intelligence and vulnerability scanning, with patch creation and patch deployment integration. The Secunia CSI integrates with Microsoft WSUS and System Center 2012 and third-party configuration management tools for easy deployment of third-party updates, making patching a simple and straight-forward process for all IT departments.
To make the solution flexible and suited to the processes of organizations of all sizes the new version, the Secunia CSI 7.0, comes with these new and improved features:
- Smart Groups 2.0: Create Smart Groups designed to prioritize remediation efforts by filtering and segmenting data based on hosts, products or impact, and to receive alerts when a threat is detected;
- User Management: Create user accounts with different roles and permissions;
- Patch Configuration: get configurable patches out-of-the-box that can be easily customized to support your environment, for example to avoid desktop shortcuts or to disable auto-update for a program
- Web Console (SaaS): Log in to the Secunia CSI from an internet browser for instant access to your data and reports – anywhere, at any time.
- Password Policy Configuration: Determine and enforce the global password policy for your organization to comply with internal and external policies as well as to meet best-practice standards in your industry.
- Live updates: ; get an immediate overview of how a new vulnerability affects your infrastructure, as soon as the advisory has been released by Secunia Research, based on your latest scan results
- PSI for Android: Scan Android devices for vulnerabilities with the Secunia PSI for Android, and integrate it with the Secunia CSI to support your BYOD policy.
- Secunia SC2012 Plugin 2.0 for CSI integration with Microsoft System Center 2012. This add-on makes it possible to deploy all third-party updates directly in Microsoft System Center 2012.
- Zero-Day Vulnerability Support. The add-on includes SMS or email alerts, whenever a new zero-day vulnerability is discovered that affects the particular IT infrastructure. This add-on is designed for the select organizations that have a sufficiently sophisticated security apparatus to enable them to act on the zero-day threat intelligence.
Founded in 2002, Secunia is a leading provider of IT security solutions that help businesses and private individuals globally manage and control vulnerability threats, risks across their networks, and end-points. This is enabled by Secunia’s award-winning Vulnerability Intelligence, Vulnerability Assessment, and Patch Management solutions that ensure optimal and cost-effective protection of critical information assets.
Secunia plays an important role in the IT security ecosystem, and is the preferred supplier for enterprises and government agencies worldwide, counting Fortune 500 and Global 2000 businesses among its customer base. Secunia is headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark.
For more information, please visit secunia.com
(1) 2012 Cost of Cyber Crime Study: United States.” Ponemon Institute. October 2012 http://www.ponemon.org/local/upload/file/2012_US_Cost_of_Cyber_Crime_Study_FINAL6%20.pdf