Tails 1.2 Released
New version of Tails 1.2 a linux distribution have been release with several new features and security patches. TAILS (The Amnesic Incognito Live System) is based on debian operating system and have been used by Edward Snowden because it help to protect user privacy. Tails will directly have necessary tools for Internet security: Tor starts automatically, GPG to encrypt emails, OTR-chat, KeePassX password manager and other applications that are modified for security reasons.
Distribution is designed in such way to not store any information locally (and generally to not write in local drive) to protect sensitive data and this will make your information safe if you lose your laptop.Some of the changes include:
- Full tor browser package, replacing previous Iceweasel-based browser. This Tor package is TBB 4.0 and is based on Firefox 31.2.0esr which comes with fix for POODLE vulnerability.
- Tor version upgraded to 0.2.5.8-rc
- Several important applications with AppArmor 3.16.5
- Upgrade syslinux to 6.03-pre20, which should fix UEFI boot on some hardware.
- Upgrade to I2P 0.9.15 I2P and isolation of traffic from traffic Tor Browser. This is done by using a second browser specifically for I2P.
You can read more and download the latest Tails version on the following link: https://tails.boum.org/news/version_1.2/index.en.html