VMware patches a critical security vulnerability
VMWare has released new patches to address multiple vulnerabilities in the VMWare Hosted products, and ESX. These vulnerabilities may allow the ability to execute on the host server from a guest operating system.
Relevant releases :
• VMware Workstation 6.5.1 and earlier,
• VMware Player 2.5.1 and earlier,
• VMware ACE 2.5.1 and earlier,
• VMware Server 2.0,
• VMware Server 1.0.8 and earlier,
• VMware Fusion 2.0.3 and earlier,
• VMware ESXi 3.5 without patch ESXe350-200904201-O-SG,
• VMware ESX 3.5 without patch ESX350-200904201-SG,
• VMware ESX 3.0.3 without patch ESX303-200904403-SG,
• VMware ESX 3.0.2 without patch ESX-1008421.
So it is time to apply any necessary updates to help mitigate the risks.